Temple View PTO!
Every parent is automatically a member of our PTO. You are encouraged to take an active part in the operation of Temple View Elementary School. Our role is to coordinate with teachers and administration, involve parents in their child’s education, support student learning, provide meaningful student/family activities, and raise money for Temple View classroom needs. PTO meeting times are announced in the Temple View Times, our school newsletter. Please join us to help support our school.
Contact PTO with any questions you have or if you can volunteer in any capacity at
What are the rewards of volunteering? What is it that makes it worthwhile to take time out of busy schedules to help out at school? Parents report the following benefits of volunteering:
- Firsthand Knowledge about the School: Volunteering gives you the opportunity to meet teachers and observe what happens at school. You can then evaluate what your child says (and what other parents tell you) based on your own impressions.
- A Sense of Belonging: Volunteering connects you to the place where your child spends many hours each day.
- Social Opportunities: Volunteers meet other parents and make new friends. Sometimes it is difficult to get to know people in your neighborhood.
- A Sense of Achievement: Volunteering can produce tangible rewards, such as watching a child you tutor grasp a math concept or seeing the new computer purchased with grocery receipts.
- Appreciation from your child: Children like to see visible signs that you care. They enjoy seeing you relate to school staff members. It helps them link home and school.
- Reinforcing the Importance of School: By spending time on school activities, you are letting students know that school is important – you want them to work hard and achieve success.