The flu season is already upon us, and D91 was seen an increase in the number of sick students overall.
When to keep your sick child home:
The mission of D91 is to educate all children in the district. At times your child may be too ill to effectively learn at school and/or subject other students to illness. If your child has one or more of the following conditions it is recommended that they stay home:
- Physician says your child should stay home
- Fever greater than 100F
- Coughing up mucus that is green or yellow
- Excessive coughing that cannot be controlled
- Unable to stay awake
- An injury that make it impossible for your child to concentrate
- Recovery from surgical/dental procedures causing excessive pain.